Monday, July 27, 2009

The most imp. Sims 2 question?

Hallu people! i have been installing tonnes of custom files in my game and the custom stuff in create-a-sim works (ie clothes, hair, skin tones, etc) but the custom objects (ie chairs) and some of the design mode things have a bit of a problem. i load a house and it takes forever so i have to start the whole game again and these puny little things actually crashed my game once. PS in the custom content startup dialog I think i accidentally installed a hack in ouy family computer -_-'



anyways, i have two questions, is the hack the reason why my game crashed or is it the custom objects?



The most imp. Sims 2 question?

It could be any downloads, not just hacks will get your game to crash. You should be using the clean installer to keep track of your downloads. Here is the tutorial on downloads.http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title...



The more cc you install in your game the slower your pc will get unless it is a very good pc, I got mine built so it coud handle my game lol



but it could be various things like not enough space, too many programs runnning at once...



The most imp. Sims 2 question?

the sims takes alot of memory..make sure your computer is set to handle all of it...check processors and all that. Hubby takes care of my stuff..sorry I'm not all techie sounding but he had to make sure I had the right things to be able to load my games...the custom objects take up room so a ton of them may be bogging you down.



The most imp. Sims 2 question?

I do not know anything about Sims 2 but it seems like (from the information you have given) the problem has nothing to do with the actuall game.



I think, though I could be wrong, that when you downloaded the "custom files" that some of the information from those "custom files" went to the wrong folders in your computer.



You say that the "create-a-sim stuff" works so go to the folder that has that stuff in it (on your computer).



Now, find all of the files that DO NOT fall under the "create-a-sim" catagorie and put them in the correct folders by cut and pasting them into the correct folders.



If I am correct then that should solve the problem. But, again, I could be wrong.



If you do not know how to do this then you should wait for someone who knows more about computers to help you.



If this is not the problem then I am not sure what is.



Also, I don't think that you put a virus, or a "hack" as you called it, on your computer because if you did then it would effect more then just your game.



I hope I helped!



The most imp. Sims 2 question?

You really have to be careful when downloading custom content.



1.Make sure what you're downloading is compatible with the games you have. They can cause your game to crash otherwise.



2. Download the clean installer, the sims 2 content manager and/or delphys download organiser and learn how to use them.



3. You said you have problems with custom objects. Do you have the CEP (colour enabler package)? You need this if you don't already have it. Google it and you'll find it.



4. The hack shouldn't be the cause of the problem but if you download the programs i suggested you can find that out.



5. The more custom content you have, the slower the game loads and runs and if you're playing a big house with a lot of custom items in it then that's going to make the game run slowly too (unless you have a really high spec computer).



You can e-mail me if you need some more help but if you do what I suggested I think you should be able to sort it out.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment