Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How are hair extensions dyed?

I want to buy some multicolored extensions, like the ones on http://www.hilaryhaywire.com But before I do, I wanted to know how hair extensions are dyed in designs like leopard, zigs %26amp; everything. Is it easy to do at home? Does anyone know of any places like retail stores that sell extensions like that? If someone could explain, that would be rad. THanks.



How are hair extensions dyed?

Theres no need to spend $80 dollars on it. It's very easy to do. buy a package of blond 16-21" extensions (or at least, that's what I'd recommend) %26amp; pick up some hair dye. Get whatever colors you'd like...and use a paintbrush to "paint" it on. IMPORTANT: Make sure that you kinda rub the paintbrush back and forth while painting in order to ensure the dye gets to the back of the strand. I know this 'cause I did stripes on my extensions a while back. Next I'll be getting zebra %26amp; pink leopard. It'll be amazing. :] Oh and also...I would'nt recommend glueing them in. I would go to your local JC Penny salon and get them corn-rowed in. First they put a tiny cornrow in your hair, and then sew the hair to it; It last 1-2 months instead of like, a week.



How are hair extensions dyed?

Theres no such thing as "Dyed Extentions".Extentions are fake(Synthetic) hair.I Use Synthetic hair for my kinky twists,and I have brown highlights.I just buy the hair with the color in it,and just put it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment