Saturday, August 1, 2009

I have a problem....(for my hair)?

Okay...the thing is that I want to straighten my hair.



I'm an Indian girl with thick, wavy hair. It's about medium length.



My mom got me a flat iron but when she got it, I didn't really known much about straightening hair and everything.



I asked around about a good straightener, and my friends were like, "Don't get the ON-OFF kind. You should get the one where you can adjust the temperature."



Recently, I saw a good Conair straightener which was designed to lessen hair damage and everything. I asked my mom if we could buy it but she said that I already had one at home and I told her it was different and everything, but she still thinks the flat iron is better (note: it's also a Conair one) and all. It was bad of me, but I sorta kept bugging her and then she said, "I'll take you to a beauty salon and get you a perm." That got me thinking (well, I still wanted that Conair straightener b/c I would have a choice of either straight or wavy hair).



*more details coming*



I have a problem....(for my hair)?

Ok, that wasn't a question, but there are a few things I could point out that are incorrect. First of all, never ever buy anything cheap or dingy for your hair. Theres a rule I always adhere by and it's: you get what you pay for.



And also, your friends are wrong, the on/off ones work fine. Especially CHI. I highly recommend that one. Expensive but the most reliable flat iron I've ever worked with. Also, many of my Indian co-workers have gotten their hair thermally reconditioned, which seems to work out very well to their benefit. You might want to check that out, although it would empty your wallet. And probably your mother's as well.



Additional Details:



I would suggest getting the japanese straightening(which is the thermal recon) but only if you think its worth the price and you really can't stand straightening your own hair. But if you don't mind straightening it yourself, get a job or just save up about 110 usd for a good CHI.



I have a problem....(for my hair)?

maybe your mom thinks straightning your hair and a perm are the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment